Glorious potatoes complement any meal and what’s better than covered in a creamy cheese sauce.
- 3 pounds red or Yukon god potatoes sliced thin
- Sweet onion halved and sliced thin slivers
- Three tablespoons salted butter
- Three tablespoons flour
- One clove garlic minced
- Two cups heavy milk or canned evaporated
- One cup sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup strong cheese like Guerre or sharp cheddar
- Two tsp ground mustard
- S and p to taste
Grease casserole dish and preheat oven to400
Thin slice potatoes and stack in small piles to assemble easily.
Arrange in prepared dish.
Slide in sliver onions between potatoe slices.
In sauce pan.melt butter w garlic and then add flour cooking for 2 min.
Add seasonings and whisk in milk stirring to a smooth creamy rouge.
Take off heat and add cheeses. Stirring until incorporated and melted.
Pour over potatoes. And foil wrap.
Bake 1 hour foil covered on a cookie sheet for any drips. Then uncover for an additional 20 minutes to brown.
Diced ham or bacon can be added for a twist.