Ive recently descoved the love of canning my own salsa. Every late summer Ill can my stewed italian tomatoes and tomato sauce- but salsa comes out so nice. I do not make it spicy hot. Heat can be added at serving time for me.
- 5-7 pounds ripe tomatoes ( blanched ice bath peeled and chopped)
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 2 large green peppers chopped
- 2 large red peppers chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 heaping cup chopped cilantro
- 2tsp cummin
- 2 tap dried Oregano
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt and pepper ( to taste)
- 1 cup applecider vinegar
- 2 lg cans green fire roasted chilies ( or fresh)
Cook all ingrediants on high to a full boil- cook for 20 minutes. Taste to see if you want a bit of sugar or more salt to taste.
Place in prepared jars for canning. This batch made 10- 16 oz jars.