This is another one of those keep it simple- but use up the left over rice and spaghetti sauce from nites before. So simple- so good and a bit fun to eat! This really brings back childhood memories of mom and summer dinners on the Virginia farm.
- One large bell pepper per person served pictured green but red make a sweeter choice. One pound meat makes four.
- 1 pound raw Ground meat- i used sweet Italian pork and ground beef mixed
- Two cups cooked rice any variety
- I can chopped tomatoes ( stewed or fire roasted- staple I always have on hand)
- Chopped small onion
- Chopped bell peppers i keep a bag in freezer pre chopped also used tidbits from stuffer peppers
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1 Tbs worshishire sauce
- Tbs dijon mustard
- Tsp minced garlic
- S and p to taste
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt opt
- Chopped sweet basil and oregano to taste
When you buy your peppers look for uniformed and able to stand up in a pan.
The fun is having them a individual serves.
Prep peppers – wash – top – seed- then make small slices at base to drain while cooking. You don’t want cups of soggy meat when you eat them.
Mix all ingredients to form a meatloaf with rice.
As you see I finely chop my veggies.
Top each pepper with sauce or ketchup if no sauce is to be had.
Stuff each pepper equally coming a bit over the top and cook in a glass dish standing in uniform. I made four large ones in a 8 x 8 glass Pyrex.
375 for 45 min.
Serve hot- great next day microwave lunch too! Or slice for meatloaf sandwich!