Every kitchen needs a wok. Im blessed with an awesome cast iron version to make this stirfry. Super easy one pan meal that everybody loves. A few fresh veggies, a protein and some soysauce pulls this together. Stirfry is all about prep and a hot skillet.
- 3-4 cups thin sliced fresh vegetables.
- Red pepper
- Chopped garlic
- Two sliced chicken breast
- Two cups fresh raw shrimp( thawed frozen)
- Two eggs beatten
- Toasted seseme seeds.
Marinade and sauce for chicken
- 2/4 cup soysauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Tbl corn starch
- Fresh chopped fine garlic clove
- Tsp Fresh ginger chopped or powdered
- Mix together with chicken and marinade15 min in fridge
- 2 cups rice /cooked rice cooker
Add a bit more oil to coat pan and add marinated chicken. Cook 5-10 minutes til done. Take out and fast cook shrimp three minutes. Take out. Add a bit more oil add all the cooked rice. Dash soysauce to taste. Make a bowl in middle and add egg. Scramble i to rice working quickly. Add veggies,chicken and shrimp mix thru. Top with toasted seseme seed.
Serve 4-6 or three and killer lunch left overs.
Variation add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the marinade. Thin sliced pork or tofu.