I have had several family and friends ask me to share this favorite of mine. Its my quick go to that is an all pleaser for soup nites. I know you will enjoy! Its also one with my broken arm- I can say you can make it one handed!! Thats easy!
- 1 reg package Fresh uncooked tortellini of choice. I like cheese.
- 1 package ground sweet Italian pork
- ( links work but you must remove casings) optional Ground turkey sausage if you like pork.
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- Two stalks celery washed and chopped
- Two large carrots washed peeled and chopped
- Small sweet onion chopped
- Two garlic cloves chopped or heaping tsp chopped jared garlic
- Small bag fresh spinach
- Two tablespoons better than bouillon chicken
- 2 bayleaves
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning or TBS chopped fresh.
- Rosemary sprig and cheese cloth wrap to remove after cooking.
- 6 cups water
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Brown meat to just done… strain partial fat (turkey brown in olive oil) then add onion, carrot, celery. Cook 4 minutes til just limp and onion browns a bit.
Add garlic – cook one more minute.
Add bouillon paste water and canned tomatoes. No salt- boullion has that covered
Simmer 10 minutes.
🍅Depending on your pork if Italian seasoned your good if not- add two tsp italian seasonioning. If I have fresh- chopped basil, oregano and sprig rosemary. I cheese-close bag rosemary sprig and remove before serving. 2 bayleaves.
Add spinach and pasta to boiling broth. Cook to pasta instructions (4-6min)and serve hot with parmesan cheese.
Skim excess fat if needed. It really stand up on the broth in bright red and edges pan.
This amazing soup is even better day two. But dont cook to long reheating as the pasta will lose shape. Also freezes really well.